Exclusively available in the UK through Grafton Optical, the innovative D-EYE™ Portable Eye and Retinal Imaging System easily attaches to your smartphone, creating an ophthalmic camera for vision care screening and evaluation.
“ImageSelect™ creates the ability for the examiner to select specific frames from 30 second recorded videos and save as individual images to the patient record, enhancing the D-EYE retinal screening for newborn and young children and bringing tremendous improvement to a serious patient examination protocol”, stated Alberto Scarpa, CEO of D-EYE.
• Convert high definition videos of the retina into single images
• Edit, store and immediately share with other specialists for further patient assessment
• ImageSelect™ App upgrade adds new and essential features which simplify clinician based ophthalmoscopy screenings for paediatricians and allows the user to pre-set and post edit photo settings to adjust or enhance images.
• A free upgrade for all current users is available from the Apple iTunes Store
With the lens properly aligned and 1 cm from the pupil, the acquisition protocol followed is to pan the retina, starting from the posterior pole and then moving to the upper, nasal, inferior, and nasal peripheral retina to the equator. Colour high definition videos of the retina encompassing the posterior pole, including the macular, optic disc, and peripheral retina are obtained and can be converted to single images after the video is completed.
“Working closely with several paediatricians over the last several months, our applications team has created customisable settings that the user can adjust based on the colour and pigmentation of the patient’s eye delivering clear and sharp final exam images of the patient”, stated Scarpa. “This digital capability really improves the direct ophthalmoscopy examination in comparison the traditional ophthalmoscope and will add greater detail to a patient examination”.
Another essential improvement included with ImageSelect™ is the easy ‘share and save’ process of patient exams that can be stored externally from the smartphone and shared with other medical specialists for further patient assessment. The ‘share and save’ process includes:
• A LAN share feature has been developed that moves the on-board application based HIPAA compliant patient file to a local network for Windows PCs and Macs. This type of operation allows users to share data with Patient Information (PHI). A (confidential) PDF report including specific medical information and the exam results can be generated from the application.
• Images and videos with no patient information can be sent via email, instant messaging, social media and Apple AirDrop™ so multiple colleagues can assist with further assessment of the exam.
“D-EYE is working towards bringing more efficient and time saving smartphone based patient assessment platforms to the medical market that can be easily integrated with a patient record, while adhering to a high standard of patient privacy on a global basis”, stated Scarpa. “The addition of ImageSelect™ to our D-EYE Retinal Imaging Platform brings the important ophthalmoscopy protocol back to the forefront of an initial patient physical exam.”
The patent pending D-EYE lens uses the light source and camera of smartphones to perform direct ophthalmoscopy when examining patients. D-EYE is currently being used by ophthalmologists, optometrists, neurologists, paediatricians, endocrinologists, hospitalists, primary care and emergency medical physicians, and nurse practitioners to name a few of many specialists who have discovered how easy it is to perform an ophthalmoscopy.
D-EYE and the D-EYE 2.0 Application can be used with the iPhone 5, 5S, SE, 6, 6S, 6+, 6S+ iPhone 7.
For a quote or to arrange a demo of the D-EYE please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
or call us on +44 (0)1923 233980.